Sunday, November 13, 2016

My day at the races; a story in pictures

I've been off the bike 5 or 6 weeks now, due to a sprained knee ( after getting taken out at a CX race :P).  Just started riding this week, and said, "what the heck, might as well do the CycleSmart CX this weekend"
It looked to be a cold one.  Better get prepared...

(I didn't end up needing half that gear...)
A downright balmy day for a bike race...
It warmed up to the mid-40s by the race start, thankfully.

On the drive down, I realized that my music was missing from my ipod.  Looks like a quiet hour drive down to the race...

 Fortunately, I discovered it had synced at least through the 'af's.  Enough music to get me through the drive.


Lining up in the last row, behind 150 of my closest friends.
The course was similar to years past.  Some minor re-routes, but no huge changes.

Results were nothing to write home about, but I'm OK with this given that I've not been riding at all for a month and a half...
The male cyclists version of 'thigh gap'  So embarrassing when this happens in public.




No comments:

Post a Comment